To watch the course trailer click on the image below:
In my online course I will show you how to hand build a mug with a round bottom. You get a detailed video demonstration with audio and text explanations, lots of helpful tips and important theoretical knowledge about pottery. I provide lists of the materials and tools I use myself and of course the addresses where you can buy them. You will also receive useful information on where to fire your pottery if you don't have your own kiln.
The courses are pre-produced videos of about 1 to 1.5 hours length in which I do my best to answer all the basic questions about pottery with the hand building technique. I've been giving pottery courses since 2016 and therefore know which questions and problems arise often especially at the beginning - I base my online courses on that experience. If you have any questions that I do not answer during the course, you have the possibility to ask them after the course in a forum specially set up for all course participants. I will always answer questions from course participants as quickly as possible and with priority. You find the forum link in the description of the YouTube-course-video that I will send you after your purchase.
Course No. 1 (now available in our Onlineshop)
In my first online course, I'll show you how to build a round-bottomed mug using the slab technique.
This course is suitable for absolute beginners as well as for a little more advanced potters.
What can you expect in this course?
1. A detailed step-by-step video demonstration with audio explanation and subtitles - both audio and text in english language.
2. A list of addresses where I bought my tools and materials for this course.
3. I'll show you all the tools in detail and give you tips on how to replace some of them with items from your household.
4. I'll explain the most important basics about the material clay. How do you choose the right clay? What should you know about clay composition? How do you wedge clay with a very simple but effective technique? How does the clay change as you work with it and how can you avoid or correct mistakes?
5. How you can tell the right consistency or the right degree of dryness of the clay to work with it - this is especially important with the slab technique so that your mug gets a nice and straight shape ;)
6. Lots of helpful tips on how to avoid and correct mistakes.
7. How to attach a handle that also holds large mugs that are meant to be filled to the brim with coffee or tea :)
8. How to make a slightly wobbly mug stand straight again before it is completely dry.
9. How to finish your mug with no dents and a particularly smooth surface and nicely rounded shape.
9. Lots of tips for properly drying your ceramic pieces.
10. How to fire your mug if you don't own a kiln.
11. The opportunity to ask questions related to the topic covered, if these were left unanswered in the course, or to exchange experiences. All course participants have absolute priority with their messages and I will do my best to answer them as quickly and comprehensively as possible.
- The course is about 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- The course costs 30 euros (incl. VAT).
- Once purchased, you can watch the course video as many times as you want and at your own pace.
- The course is not tied to a specific date. You can purchase it at any time in my online shop.
Here are some reviews by viewers of our first online course:
"I just finished watching your clay course. It was excellent! The photography, voice over, subtitles, music and information were perfect! Your voice is very calm and soothing and the pace of the video was great too. Thanks for a wonderful class. I'm looking forward to the glazing class."
- Pam Smeltzer
"Dear Karo, you did a great job!!! Explained everything in great detail, step by step, you want to get started right away. :D The background music is also ideally chosen, not too obtrusive, but still animating and happy. I liked it very much."
- Marion P.
"Thank you for your great course. I'm thrilled, you put so much effort and detail into it. I've already ordered everything that's missing and I'm looking forward to trying everything out at the weekend 😊 I'm looking forward to the glaze course. Kind regards and thank you for your great work"
- Barbara B.