Online course 1: Making a mug with a round bottom using the slab technique
In this course you get a detailed video demonstration with audio and text explanations, lots of helpful tips and important theoretical knowledge about pottery. I provide lists of the materials and tools I use myself and of course the addresses where you can buy them. You will also receive useful information on where to fire your pottery if you don't have your own kiln.
This course is a pre-produced video of about 1 hour and 15 minutes length in which I do my best to answer the basic questions about pottery with the hand building technique, especially about how to make a mug with a round bottom. I've been giving pottery courses since 2016 and therefore know which questions and problems arise often especially at the beginning - I base my online courses on that experience. If you have any questions that I do not answer during the course, you have the possibility to send me an Email to email@example.com or use our contact form. I will always answer questions from course participants as quickly as possible and with priority.
How to watch the course:
After you have purchased the course and as soon as I received your payment, I will send you an email with the video link within one day. The link takes you to the YouTube video, which is private and only viewable through this link. You need a YouTube account to watch it. Please make sure to provide me with the email-address associated with your YouTube account so I can grant you the privilege to watch the private video.
What can you expect in this course?
This course is suitable for absolute beginners as well as for a little more advanced potters.
1. A detailed step-by-step video demonstration with audio explanation and subtitles - both audio and text in english language.
2. A list of addresses where I bought my tools and materials for this course.
3. I'll show you all the tools in detail and give you tips on how to replace some of them with items from your household.
4. I'll explain the most important basics about the material clay. How do you choose the right clay? What should you know about clay composition? How do you wedge clay with a very simple but effective technique? How does the clay change as you work with it and how can you avoid or correct mistakes?
5. How you can tell the right consistency or the right degree of dryness of the clay to work with it - this is especially important with the slab technique so that your mug gets a nice and straight shape ;)
6. Helpful tips on how to avoid and correct mistakes.
7. How to attach a handle that also holds large mugs that are meant to be filled to the brim with coffee or tea :)
8. How to make a slightly wobbly mug stand straight again before it is completely dry.
9. How to finish your mug with no dents and a particularly smooth surface and nicely rounded shape.
10. Lots of tips for properly drying your ceramic pieces.
11. Where to fire your mug if you don't own a kiln.
12. The opportunity to ask questions related to the topic covered, if these were left unanswered in the course. All course participants have absolute priority with their messages and I will do my best to answer them as quickly and comprehensively as possible.
13. For all this you don't need a pottery wheel or your own kiln and no other expensive tools. Just start your pottery adventure from your home :)
- The course is about 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- Once purchased, you can watch the course video as many times as you want and at your own pace.
- The course is not tied to a specific date. You can purchase it at any time in my online shop.
- Online courses are non-refundable
- It is forbidden to share the course video or parts of it, infringement will be prosecuted